Package PHP Application as a Native Desktop Application – punBB Example!
In a real world scenario punBB is usually installed on a web server and available to everyone for use. However, in this post I will show you how you can package punBB as a desktop application to illustrate what you can accomplish with Nightrain – the PHP Desktop Packager. If you can package something as powerful as punBB… then you can rest assured package any PHP script with Nightrain.
Here’s how the end result looks like:
- Download: punBB Project Files
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
Let’s Get Started
Here are the steps you have to take in a nutshell.
- Download punBB
- Copy punBB to nightrain /www folder
- Start Nightrain
- Follow the on-screen Installation steps
- Distribute the package
- Go to http://punbb.informer.com/downloads.php
- Click PunBB x.x.x (zip)
- Extract the archive to /nightrain/www/
Installing the Application
- Double-click nightrain.exe/nightrain.app/nightrain to start nightrain
And you should see a screen like below:
- Click install.php
- Enter the following information
- Scroll down and click “Start install”
- And you should see a screen like below:
You are done!
Roosevelt Purification is the founder and the CEO of Naetech, LLC. Spending most of his time learning new things, testing everything he can and innovating everything that comes at his way!